The author of Cumulus/Cumulus MX has retired and will not be providing support or updates to this software.
We do not have copies of old versions of Cumulus, so please do not ask for them. Only the current version is supported. If you obtain copies of older versions of Cumulus from elsewhere (e.g. web archives) please do not ask for help with them. We strongly advise against using an old unsupported version, if only for the fact that it is likely to have bugs which have been fixed in later releases.
Note that if you use certain anti-virus software -- in particular Avast or Symantec -- you may find that they flag the Cumulus installer, or Cumulus itself, as a ‘threat’ and block it, for a few days or weeks after a new version has been released, even though it does not actually contain a virus of any kind. This is due to a system they call ‘reputation’ where they automatically block any versions of software which have recently been released. You may want to consider complaining to the provider of your anti-virus software about this ridiculous system, or better still, use some better anti-virus software.
Please read the announcement for the latest release in the forum before installing it. If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cumulus, please read all of the release notes (in the announcement threads) for the builds since the version you are upgrading from.
- Cumulus 1.9.4 setup Cumulus setup file -- latest stable version -- build 1099 - 14-Nov-2014
- Cumulus installation guide Instructions for installing Cumulus
- Cumulus readme.txt Please read this before installing or updating Cumulus
- Cumulus help file The Cumulus help file (this also gets installed when Cumulus is installed)
- Cumulus Realtime A Silverlight application for displaying real time Cumulus data on a web site (no longer developed or supported)
- Cumulus help file in French The Cumulus help file translated into French
- Set Logger Interval A utility to set the logger interval on Fine Offset stations
Beta and test releases
- Cumulus MX v3.0.0 build 3043 20-Jan-2017 Cumulus MX, a cross platform version of Cumulus which runs on Windows, Linux (including the Raspberry Pi) and Mac OS X.
- Cumulus MX Source Code Offered completely without support in the hope that it might be useful. The code is very badly structured due to the 'Frankenstein' way it was cobbled together from various places. Some of it is a machine translation of parts of Cumulus 1.
Files and add-ons contributed by Cumulus users. the following links will take you to web sites or forum threads, where you can read about and download the item.
- WeatherConsole Text-based ‘live’ weather display for a web site
- Cumulus Realtime Gadget A Windows desktop gadget
- ICumulus_for_iPhone An iPhone friendly web interface
- Sunbird – Ubuntu Screenlet A ‘Screenlet’ for Ubuntu Linux
- XHTML 1.1 compliant Ajax framework Ajax XML HTML webserver frameset that displays dynamic realtime data on your web pages
- Toolbox Cumulus Toolbox contains a variety of extra features to enhance the power of Cumulus by providing a number of automated processes
- Météo du Québec Traduction et adaptation française de Cumulus Icônes, librairies et Modules exclusifs à Cumulus Forum de discussion en français. Ouvert à la francophonie!
- AJAX/PHP Multilingual Website Templates A set of configurable templates to create a full ‘real time’ web site.
- Weather by You! Alternative web site templates for use with Cumulus, many different styles.
- Home Weather Station An Android app for displaying Cumulus data.
- Weather34 Dashboard by Brian Underdown. A clean, attractive template for displaying Cumulus data using realtime.txt. You can read more about this in the forum. Download the official latest version here: Light and Dark Themes