The author of Cumulus/Cumulus MX has retired and will not be providing support or updates to this software. However the source code has been released and community effort updates to Cumulus MX (only) are now being provided by mcrossley.
Latest build is...
- Cumulus MX v3.0.1 build 3051 10-September-2019 Cumulus MX, a cross platform version of Cumulus which runs on Windows, Linux (including the Raspberry Pi) and Mac OS X. (M Crossley update)
- Cumulus MX Current Source Code This code base is updated for all releases after b3043.
This release and source code are the last offerings from Steve Loft before he handed the project over to "the community".
- Cumulus MX v3.0.0 build 3043 20-Jan-2017 Cumulus MX, a cross platform version of Cumulus which runs on Windows, Linux (including the Raspberry Pi) and Mac OS X (Steve Loft - final release).
- Cumulus MX Source Code The original source code from Steve Loft. Offered completely without support in the hope that it might be useful. The code is very badly structured due to the 'Frankenstein' way it was cobbled together from various places. Some of it is a machine translation of parts of Cumulus 1. This version of the code is post b3043.
We do not have copies of old versions of Cumulus, so please do not ask for them. Only the current version is supported. If you obtain copies of older versions of Cumulus from elsewhere (e.g. web archives) please do not ask for help with them. We strongly advise against using an old unsupported version, if only for the fact that it is likely to have bugs which have been fixed in later releases.
Note that if you use certain anti-virus software -- in particular Avast or Symantec -- you may find that they flag the Cumulus installer, or Cumulus itself, as a ‘threat’ and block it, for a few days or weeks after a new version has been released, even though it does not actually contain a virus of any kind. This is due to a system they call ‘reputation’ where they automatically block any versions of software which have recently been released. You may want to consider complaining to the provider of your anti-virus software about this ridiculous system, or better still, use some better anti-virus software.
Please read the announcement for the latest release in the forum before installing it. If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cumulus, please read all of the release notes (in the announcement threads) for the builds since the version you are upgrading from.
- Cumulus 1.9.4 setup Cumulus setup file -- LAST stable version -- build 1099 - 14-Nov-2014
- Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1100 setup Use ONLY if you are an Instromet user, and your logger operates at 115200 baud, you should use build 1100
- Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1101 setup Use ONLY if you are an Instromet user, and your logger operates at 19200 baud, you should use build 1101
- NOTE: Cumulus 1.9.4 will not have any updates in the future. In 2020, some of the menu items with year choices will not display years beyond 2020. This will happen on manual generation of NOAA-style reports. The NOAA reports should continue to be automatically generated, but the capability to create them on-demand will only work through 2020. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that users of Cumulus 1.9.4 migrate to Cumulus MX, which has ongoing support by mcrossley.
- Cumulus installation guide Instructions for installing Cumulus
- Cumulus readme.txt Please read this before installing or updating Cumulus
- Cumulus help file The Cumulus help file (this also gets installed when Cumulus is installed)
- Cumulus Realtime A Silverlight application for displaying real time Cumulus data on a web site (no longer developed or supported)
- Cumulus help file in French The Cumulus help file translated into French
- Set Logger Interval A utility to set the logger interval on Fine Offset stations
Weather Display Converter
This utility was provided by Steve to convert Weather Display log files to Cumulus format. It requires you manually recreate records etc using Cumulus 1. Please read the readme file in the zip.
There is a forum thread about this converter here.
This utility was provided by Steve to convert WeatherLink log files to Cumulus format. Please read the readme file in the zip.
There is a forum thread about this converter here.
Files and add-ons contributed by Cumulus users. the following links will take you to web sites or forum threads, where you can read about and download the item.
- WeatherConsole Text-based ‘live’ weather display for a web site
- Cumulus Realtime Gadget A Windows desktop gadget
- ICumulus_for_iPhone An iPhone friendly web interface
- Sunbird – Ubuntu Screenlet A ‘Screenlet’ for Ubuntu Linux
- XHTML 1.1 compliant Ajax framework Ajax XML HTML webserver frameset that displays dynamic realtime data on your web pages
- Toolbox Cumulus Toolbox contains a variety of extra features to enhance the power of Cumulus by providing a number of automated processes
- Météo du Québec Traduction et adaptation française de Cumulus Icônes, librairies et Modules exclusifs à Cumulus Forum de discussion en français. Ouvert à la francophonie!
- AJAX/PHP Multilingual Website Templates A set of configurable templates to create a full ‘real time’ web site.
- Weather by You! Alternative web site templates for use with Cumulus, many different styles.
- Home Weather Station An Android app for displaying Cumulus data.
- Weather34 Dashboard by Brian Underdown. A clean, attractive template for displaying Cumulus data using realtime.txt. You can read more about this in the forum. Download the official latest Cumulus version here: Home Weather Station Template light and dark themes